Sunday 24 July 2011

Google docs and Collaborize

This week I explored Google docs and Collaborize. I have a google mail account and in all these years I have not used or browsed through the google doc features. With google docs you can create documents, spreadsheets and presentations and upload files. Google docs helps to share and collaborate. You can safely store and organize the data and your work. You have control on who can see your documents. I think it is another good tool of use in the classroom because there is a lot that can be communicated to students easily. I tried the presentation features.
The youtube videos in the webtools lessons were very informative.
Collaborize seems to be another tool to promote class discussions and save time. I have opened an account with democrasoft and possibly use it sometime in the future. As of now I would like to use wikis, blogs, glogster and Voicethread this coming year and I am exploring them extensively. My final project for this course is also a combination of these.
Collaborize has similar features to Voicethread. It is also an online discussion forum that will help students to discuss topics. They will have time to think and be creative and take part in some fruitful discussion. They could collaborate group projects effectively. It also has provision for the teacher to load videos and documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment