Saturday 23 July 2011

Discussions and Many Thanks!

After the discussion I have come to the conclusion that many of us found this course very useful, engaging and informative.
I summarize below a few of the points that most of us agree on
•Opened avenues for collaborative possibilities of teaching and learning by connecting students to other students, and students to their teachers outside of school.
•We have learnt to incorporate extensive data on the Internet into classroom activities.
•Increase number of opportunities for students on the internet via simulations and online data.
•Introduce more “inquiry” activities in the classroom
I especially like the sentence about using technology as a hook.
•Use technology to expose students to how scientists think. With say TED talks that are a great resource for students to hear scientists talk about their research, without actually having to be there.
•(I like this one) Developing a collaborative science project that students from across the world could complete online.
•Exposed us to web tools out there for use in the classroom.
•We could provide genuine extension opportunities for students who need a challenge be able to push students to their full potential.
•Technology can be used as a tool for differentiation.
•Most of us were familiar with blogs and wikis(I was not, now I love them!).This course gave us the time to explore at our leisure and reflect on our readings and webtools skills a lot.
•Exposed us to the abundant wealth in the world of computers and internet. The course was an eyeo pening experience.
As for me I reiterate my reflections that I have put on my discussion post. The course has been the most rewarding. I am looking forward to using a few of the tools this coming year.
I used to eagerly look forward to the MSSE webtools sessions, reading the blogs written by my classmates and trying to contribute. To be honest at times I used to look at a few blog posts and get apprehensive about how I am going to use the tools as efficiently as they have used them. There are a few tools like digital storytelling and TEDx of which I am not very comfortable with and plan to revisit. I would definitely say that the new academic year is going to be different for me. I am going to use blogs, wikis,voicethread, jing and glogster in my classes in addition to online simulations and online data that I now use. I have decided to keep a blog for my class updates and make sure students have access to it.
Many thanks to Dr. Brunsell and all my classmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment